onsdag 11 april 2012

More about food

 I have enjoyed fried tofu with garlic and fried wok vegetables, this dish is vegan and very delicious.  The food was frozen and I use a very low temperature when I fry.During many years of my life i did not eat red meat, white meat or any kind of sea food, I was a lacto vegetarian for fifteen years.I enjoy eating good food and I am interested in nutrition, well I am not an expert, but I have studied nutrition for myself. There is biochemical research, which refers to importance of eating raw fruits and vegetables, so the digestionsystem receives enzymes so the food id better biodegredable. Food is a complete science.

 And I have read about these raw food enthuiasts. One of my favourite foods is ratatouille from the french kitchen and you have to cook ratatouille, (It is vegan, yammi, yammi.) Are raw vegetables always helthier? Well to comment this, I had to read a little science by food chemists.

People who have followed a strict raw food diet had normal levels of vitamin A and relatively levels of beta carotene, but low levels of the antioxident lycopene. Lycopene is a red pigment found in tomatoes, water melon, red bell pepper, pink guava and papaya. Several studies have linked a high intake of lycopene with a lower risk of cancer and heart attacks.

Cooked carrots, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, peppers and many other vegetables also supply more antioxidants, such as caretoinids and ferulic acid to the body than they do when raw Rui Hai Liu says.

 If you boil broccoli some enzymes will be destoyed such as myrosinase, but on the other hand indole, an organic compound is formed by cooking. According to research in "the journal of nutrition" in 2001, indole helps kill precancerous cells before they turn malignant.

Thanks for reading. I want to write more about classical music and logical subjects later, but i find food science interesting too, and now I am going to study italiano, ciao

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.